Texas Association of Counties’ new Healthy County program “Sonic Boom” is here and ready to help you live a healthier life. Employees and covered spouses can now participate via the new Healthy County’s program Sonic Boom portal.
Here are some things you can do in your new wellness program:
- Contests! You can create your very own contests AND compete in Healthy County contests? Employees that complete three of four Healthy County contests will earn a $50 Boomer Bucks incentive that can be redeemed for merchandise and/or gift cards! The first Healthy County challenge began on March 11.
- Academy! View articles, videos, and other self-paced educational content to help with optimal nutrition, financial well-being, and more.
- Goals and Trackers! Use our fun and automated goals and trackers to keep tabs on your hydration, fruit/veggie intake, physical activity, mood, weight, and more. Hit your daily goals in each category.
- Sonic Striding! Sonic Striding involves wearing an activity tracking device that will track all your activity, including walking, running, working out – you name it. The activity data is stored in your device’s app on your mobile device, and once registered on the Sonic Boom site, will be uploaded to your account automatically. Use your own Fitbit, Garmin, Striiv, Apple Watch and Misfit devices. We even support apps like Strava, Fitbit Mobile-Track (iPhone only), Apple Health Google Fit, Microsoft Health/Band, too. All existing devices used with the prior Healthy County Provant portal are compatible with Sonic Boom.
Create Your Account Today.
Becoming a part of the Sonic Boom team is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Go to http://www.county.org/sonicboom
- Select "Create Account".
- Enter your BCBSTX Member ID Number (903XXXXXX) from your health benefits card in the “Coupon Code” and date of birth and follow the prompts to create your account!
Need a New Device?
View our device storefront instructions to purchase a new device with your $30 subsidy. Employees may use their $30 subsidy once every three years.
- Go to invitefitness/tac-employee
- An access code is required to use the site.
- The access code is ”903” enter, then “county" enter.
- Type “county” in the Access Code box and click on “Submit”.
- Once at the device storefront you will see the products being offered at a discounted price. You may use your coupon code to get an additional $30 off the prices featured in the storefront. There are two ways to use your coupon code:
- Select “Click to Redeem” under your preferred device on the “Featured Products” banner to receive a Garmin Vivoki or FitBit Zip at no cost with your coupon code.
- Use your $30 coupon code to subsidize the cost of an upgraded device.
- Click on the photo of the device you would like to purchase.
- Click “Add to cart”.
- Click the Shopping bag in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click “View Cart & Checkout”.
- To use your $30 coupon code on your purchaser, enter you 903 Member ID number (903XXXXXX) from your BCBSTX health benefits card in the “Coupon Code” box and click “Apply Coupon”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Fill in your billing and shipping information.
- To finalize your order, check the “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions” box and click “Place Order” below.
To register your new or an existing device:
- Log into your Sonic Boom website at county.org/sonicboom
- Click on your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Manage Devices” button on the lower right.
- Click “Let’s Get Started”
- Choose “Other Devices” from the choice of devices and then click “Choose Source” to select the other type of device you will be connecting.
- Click on the device, and enter the login credentials that you use to log in to that device’s mobile app.
- Enter your login credentials for your activity tracker’s app and then click “Allow.” If you don’t see the windows to enter your email and password, you are already logged into your device’s webpage. Go ahead and click “Allow.”
WOOHOO! You’re good to go. Sync your data to your device's app and watch as it flows to your profile.
If you have any questions about the Sonic Boom program, how to navigate your personal Sonic Boom site or anything else you can think of, please do not hesitate to contact...
Laura Conner, Crockett County Treasurer
at (325) 392-3376.